Does the quality of your machine ends-up on causing poor quality during work? This may be due to numerous reasons. Hence, to achieve top-quality welding finishing, you must need the right equipment and some sufficient structural integrity. Thus choosing the right project to adhere to industry codes and standards.
Hence, choosing the Best Tig welder under 500 could be challenging for you especially when you are on a low budget. So if you are not interested in spending a lot then you might get a hard time researching and decide. We can understand the pain you might have while scrolling down hitting the pros and cons and calculate the amount and do price comparisons among thousand products to find the right one. To help you in making the right decision we are here with our trial and tested research. We have highlighted the best TIG welders under 500 that you can buy easily. In addition to product review, we have discus about buyer’s guide that will help the newcomers and other people to buy the best product for them.
Amico TIG-225 / 220 Amp
Hitbox 200A Inverter
2017 EVERLAST PowerARC
Our Top 3 Picks
1. Forney 322 Multi-Process Welder – Best For Beginners
- A multipurpose machine that is capable of processing multiple weld processes
- Ideal for beginners and casual welders
- High in quality welder along with a long-lasting lifespan
- Easy to use and configure
- Is not appropriate for industrial or heavy-duty usage
- Not fit for aluminum metal
2. Lotos CT520D – Small TIG Welder
- An inexpensive product manufactured by a reputable brand
- Different welding options such as plasma cutting and TIG/Stick welding makes for great versatility
- High in quality components
- Portable TIG welder and easy to use
- Only delivers DC power output
- Does not include a feature such as a spool gun and wire feed
- Inappropriate for oxidized metals
3. Lotos LTP5000D – best TIG welder for the money
- A reliable offer that gives high value for money
- Built-in components are high in quality
- Easy operate and configure
- Combines both Stick and TIG welder along with plasma cutting
- Not appropriate for heavy-duty purpose
- Only runs DC output
- Cannot weld thin metal such as aluminum
Some other Best TIG Welder under 500
Till now, we think we have talked about pro tips and include key factors on purchasing the best TIG welders. Now we will talk about the best TIG welders under 500 available in the market that help the users to perform different functionalities.
1. Amico TIG-225 / 220 Amp – Best Hobby TIG Welder
- So you are fully ready to invest $500 for your welder machine but are worried about what to buy then look out for our top product Amico TIG-225 that provides a unique combination of advanced IGBT inverter technology and astonishing arc to bring stability. This product has the finest design.
- Hence the durability and strength of the Amico TIG welder component make an ideal choice by the welders for undertaking the usage of heavy-duty options.
- This unit tends to adopt adequate protection rendered from under and over-voltage fluctuation. This helps in staying abreast of all accident chances. The unit also offers flexibility the can hook up at both 115 and 230 Volts outlets. This adds up to the versatility. Similarly, automatic steeples amperage and temperature control make it an ideal approach to use them for various generator types.
- One can easily gauge the operational metrics while taking a full look into the vibrant LCD amperage display and starting up the stands guaranteed that coupled 100% with high-frequency service. Also the lightness and strength of this unit and its component making it an ideal approach for all professionals and hobbyists.
- Seamless switching from TIG to ARC and Stick welding through IGBT inverter technology.
- Great arc stability ushers providing optimum precision while welding thin pieces.
- Offering automatic compensation during under and over-voltage fluctuation.
- Post-weld clean up as well as splatter becomes non-existent through the delivery of flawless weld time
- Not recommended to weld aluminum metal.
- May seem a bit harder than operate its peers.
2. Hitbox 200A Inverter TIG Welder (TIG200P)
- The welders can now perform high-quality welding while coupling with the TIG200P welder machine designed by the Hitbox brand. Also, this machine can smoothly run on generators with the power of watt greater than 5000 W
- The inverter technology used in this machine can make the transformer usage almost redundant by adding the portability for your mobile welding.
- You can end up saving massive energy by using low power consumption. This helps you to turn your paves into the path of an eco-friendly environment.
- Though it is to be noted that DC welder will not provide any promising deal while working with thin metals such as aluminum as it requires AC to operate at high frequency while performing such tasks.
- The longer lead may add a loss of voltage while making it compulsory to use a drop cord and thereafter regulating the settings at the highest node
- It is advisable to use or buy a separate purchase of TIG torch to adjust the amperage level. As there is no control of exercising the TIG torch to adjust the welding amp.
- The digital ammeter in this unit makes an easy approach that keeps the tab on numerous settings. Also the pulsed-high performance of the unit help in catering to the ultra-thin surface without any damage or deformation.
- The TIG welder cannot create a ruckus even during extreme situations it keeps itself cool in an adequate manner by protecting against the heat emitted, the voltage over or under and over-current
- When it comes to calculating amperage this machine is pretty accurate and trustworthy
- Actions can be initiated easily due to the super-smooth arc in the unit
- The company provide the most efficient customer service and ranked high
- This machine comes with a 1-year warranty on the product manufacturing as well as you can have free technical support on this machine
- The duty cycle of the machine is 60% along with featured as the high frequency at the initial level.
- Do not recommend this unit for welding thin metals such as aluminum
- The machine does not come up with a foot pedal option.
3. 2017 EVERLAST PowerARC 160STH
- No one can deny the PowerARC designed by EVERLAST that can serve as the excellent pick for the novice welder with the tendency to handle an easy learning curve. In contrast with its peer models, the 2017 model has the capacity to produce higher OCV.
- The welders won’t have to dial into much current as it’s done with other stick welders. Also, the adjustment of current is relatively become easy, and all you need one or two amps. Hence you can enjoy the plush output control.
- Since the machine have the capacity to use both 110 volts and 220 volts, you can make better use of the accompanying adaptive conversion of plugging 50A 240VAC to a 110VAC outlet.
- So if you are one of those welders who are into looking up a smart machine that can assist you in both sticks as well as TIG welding without spending any extra bucks then this PowerARC by EVERLAST is your ideally recommended choice to go home as your final purchase.
- Hence the welder machine has come up with a neatly packed container and is bound to stay stunned along with its compact shape. Thus this helps them moving the unit around easily especially when you are working on some areas that contain constricted flooring.
- High-frequency work quite well
- One can use the torch comfortably
- Come up with all the essential accessories to initiate the unit immediately
- Tend to support both voltage levels i.e. 110 volts and 220 volts
- Not a good choice to weld aluminum metal
4. SUNGOLDPOWER 200 AMP
- Once there was a time when TIG welding was designed to perform welding over some selected metals. This is because of the exorbitant price welders had to pay to buy them. Though with time and innovation in design, the prices of TIG welders brought down while correspond to improving and sustaining efficiency and quality.
- Hence the SUNGOLDPOWER affordable TIG welder seems to be stand out as one of the pioneer welders that provide a bunch of affordable packs while upgrading the technology and features. Still, this welder is surprising the people with their earmarked qualities within their expensive models. Since, the premium models offer amazing attributes for instance you can take HF start, tendency to compensate on voltage fluctuation while performing normal operations, onboard fan and other numerous systems present on-board for protection, etc…
- The overall weight of this lightweight compact welder machine by SUNGOLDPOWER is just around 22 pounds. Hence making it the best serving welder machine for the people who are always on the go.
- The welder can also put a tab on the AMP voltage as it is coupled with a digital readout displaying on the LED.
- While using an onboard fan the welder can also minimize overheating. This way you can protect different sensitive components of the machines from getting excessively heated.
- As you are taking MMA and DC TIG welding along with robust welder, you will be guaranteed of having a start-up at the HF service up to 100% courtesy. Also, tungsten life will be improved through an easy arc start of HF. This way you can take as many metal arrays as you want such as nickel alloys, bronze, steel, brass, stainless steel, and copper.
- Quite an inexpensive model preferably recommended for DIY beginners
- The interface is easy to use
- Best TIG welding machine with the higher frequency recommended for MMA and DC
- The longevity of the unit extended due to the onboard fan that helps in keeping the devices cool.
- Automatically compensated by the voltage fluctuation
- Not suitable for traditional 110V current
- Do not have the capacity to weld metal aluminum
- Too basic for professionals and will not support AC
Buyer’s guide on how to pick an ideal cheap TIG welder
Before hitting the main list of product reviews, we would recommend you to discuss numerous things you must consider while you are looking for a TIG machine more specifically for those interested in thinner metals.
- The first and foremost thing is to hit the option that holds a simple design and is user-friendly. For instance, a foot pedal and access control to amperage will make your project easier.
- Next to prioritize the amperage range wider. As it will allow better stability and improvised crater filling.
TIG welder provides both outputs DC and AC, giving widen the spectrum of metal types you can weld. Hence, AC balance control plays a vital feature that allows you more versatility in the application.
- The other important pro factor which makes it more practical to work with thinner metals. Also, try to have a high duty cycle. This is a TIG welder’s capacity to maintain the specific output of a 10-minute timeframe. Hence, when you are on buying a TIG machine make sure to keep in mind the buyer’s potential pitfalls.
- It is critical to consider making monetary gains through your welder. So if you are a hobbyist then you should refrain while purchasing heavy-duty equipment. Though, you might be realistic regarding your need. Hence spending some time to ensure that you don’t limit yourself for future investment.
- Furthermore, Good TIG welders for industry require a piece of additional equipment to cool on while optimizing the duty cycle and output. You could pose some problems that do not require any additional cost within your account. So before buying make sure to consider the welder’s cooling requirement.
- Few TIG welders include AC capabilities that allow for the delicate working of metal. Hence, if you are sure then you will not weld metals such as aluminum or magnesium that avoid these products. Also, make them buy more affordably.
- Your unit’s unusable render can be due to the incorrect voltage. Hence you should make sure that you fully power your welder with compatible infrastructure. So buy the compatible product to avoid incorrect voltage. We suggest you go for power infrastructure that can operate on both 120V and 220V.
Important factors to consider when buying a TIG machine:
Either you are a professional or hobbyist welder then it is critically important to buy a machine that includes all the performances and specifications based on the needs that suited you. Hence, while buying make sure to add the unit into your cart that is right for you. To make things easier for you we have sorted down the key factors for buying the best TIG machines.
- Quality and Design of Welding Unit:
The first and foremost thing is the quality and speed of your welding unit, so when you are on to buy the product the design, quality and speed are mutually exclusive that go hand in hand. Thus having a TOG welder that has AC capabilities will be your best option to look into deeply.
- Metal Thickness
If you onto welding the metal the important part to take an account is metal which is delicate and thin. Hence, you go for the options that include low amperage and high performance. Notably, TIG can work ideally for thin metals. On contrary, if you are working on metals that have ½” or more thickness then sticking to MIG welding is the best option.
- Combination AC/DC
For those who are working on stainless steel and steel then you might get the best performance as well as results through DC output. So when you are concerned about working on aluminum and magnesium then switching to the AC output through a power source. Thus to have a versatile range we suggest you buy the AC/DC machine combination.
You counted on many different factors when you are looking for a buying a new TIG welder under $500. Also, it is critically important while purchasing a decision solely based upon the unique welding requirements along with your budget.
Furthermore, remember you must keep the needs of add-ons such as cooling equipment and foot pedals in mind while handling the budget. This additional cost can affect your overall buying experience. Thus make sure to list down the considerations such as personal preferences, setup, welding needs, and infrastructure, first while buying the product. Regardless of anything we share or mouth referrals, market surveys, or any between-the-lines analysis the most important thing that helps you in making that best TIG welder to your home is your intuition.
So if the product doesn’t appeal to you or catch your attention despite its glorification and online grandeur, you will end up skipping the product unapologetically. Hence, certain advanced level TIG welders offer amazing flexibility options when it comes to picking the specimens out of thick steel sheets to sensitive alloys.
However, bracing up with the reliable TIG welder turns to be the toughest welding assignment but when work carefully this can become as easy as a child’s play.
After dig into all the discussions we have discussed on the best TIG welder under 500, you still are bound to accumulate extensive product’s detailed knowledge that will surely help you produce an unbridled return of your investment has made for your unit. Thus assessing your exclusively available welding requirements before proceeding with the final selection is an optimal solution.
Luis Ferency with experience of 35+ years is a semi-retired welder. Though his passion for welding and learning keeps him going further. He loves sharing his knowledge on his expertise in SMAW, GMAW, GTAW, and FTAW. Hence, this helped the new welders to seek leverage knowledge and improve their welding skills.